Help / Getting started
The pool is still in ALPHA and glitches can arrise from time to time. We are doing our best to find and patch these glitches.
If you have not created separate workers for each rig, vardiff will become inefficient and mess upp your difficulty. This can lead to "low-diff" rejects.
Why choose Hashnova?
- Just to mention one thing, ease of use!
- Other things is stability and reability, our goal is to always be up and running and pay rewards on time.
- Many other altcoin pools will just autotrade your altcoins and pay you with Bitcoins directly. We think that looses the whole purpose with altcoins, the possibility for you to do the trade in the right moment of time to gain as much profit as possible from your mining.
- The pool uses advanced mathematics as the foundation to calculate the most profitable currency at that point in time. We take hashrate, electricity cost, exchange rates and coins per day into account when doing decitions.
- Make your wish! If your coin is not available - let us know and we will add it for you. If it is tradeable, we will also add it to autoswitching.
Getting started, the easy way
- Register here, or login if you already have account
- Workers for your miners it automatically created
If your using Linux, Then type the following into the console:
Workers are automatically created on the first connect to the pool. It is recommended to use separate workers for separate units.
./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashnova.com:xxxx -u username.<AnyWorkername> -p <AnyPassword>
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashnova.com:xxxx -u username.workername -p <AnyPassword>
If you want to mine on a Windows Operating System, then you'll need to create a batch file to start your miner.
Simply open notepad and then copy and paste the following:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashnova.com:xxxx -u username.<AnyWorkername> -p <AnyPassword>
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashnova.com:xxxx -u username.<AnyWorkername> -p <AnyPassword>
minerd -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashnova.com:xxxx -u username.<AnyWorkername> -p <AnyPassword>
cudaminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashnova.com:xxxx -u username.<AnyWorkername> -p <AnyPassword>
- Scrypt readme
- Don't set intensity too high, I=11 is standard and safest. Higher intensity takes more GPU RAM. Check for hardware errors in CGMiner (HW). HW=0 is good, otherwise lower intensity.
- Set shaders according to the readme (or look at your graphic cards specifications). CGMiner uses this value at first run to calculate thread-concurrency. Easiest way to get this optimized is to use same settings as others have used here: here.
- There's also an interesting project which gives you a GUI for CGMiner. Windows only it seems.
- Here's a great guide how to get up and running with Xubuntu.